LTL may be looking for YOU! If you have a passion for preservation and conservation along with a strong work ethic and desire to make a difference in Louisiana, then LTL may be looking for you. We currently have one position open for an Office Administrator. See full description below:
Land Trust for Louisiana (LTL) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit land conservation organization dedicated to preserving valuable natural lands in rural areas and urban communities of Louisiana through donations, purchases and conservation servitudes. We aim to protect the state’s unique natural areas so that everyone, now and forever, will have beautiful natural spaces in which to live and play, not only in the countryside but in our cities and towns as well.
LTL works with community partners to create healthy and sustainable natural environments. We conserve ecosystems and landscape values in perpetuity through a variety of partnerships to preserve sensitive natural areas, farmland, ranchland, water sources, cultural resources, urban recreational areas, and notable landmarks.
LTL is an accredited land trust through the Land Trust Alliance.
The wage will be commensurate with experience and other qualifications and paid every two weeks. This position includes a minimum of 30 hours and up to a maximum of 40 hours per week Monday through Friday. Occasional weekends during events. Work related expenses will be reimbursed.
The LTL office is located in Hammond, LA. Occasional travel in the field is required.
The Office Administrator is responsible for ensuring that the day-to-day operations of the organization run efficiently and effectively. The ideal candidate will be competent in prioritizing and working with little supervision. They will be self-motivated and trustworthy and will contribute to driving LTL’s sustainable growth. They will work closely with the Executive Director and members of the Executive Committee of the Board to accomplish the tasks listed below. The Executive Director and Executive Committee will oversee the role of the Office Administrator.
- Coordinate office activities and operations to ensure efficiency and compliance with Land Trust Alliance and LTL policies.
- Maintain an office presence and manage phone calls and correspondence (e-mail, letters, packages etc.)
- Support budgeting and bookkeeping procedures (Accounts Payable & Accounts Receivable; record donations and make deposits; create and print checks to pay bills; maintain QuickBooks with assistance from CPA.)
- Create and update records and databases with personnel, financial, banking, LTA accreditation, audits, conservation properties, and other data.
With CPA assistance, facilitate management of payroll.
- Work closely with staff and volunteers to coordinate event activities including fundraisers, annual meeting, etc.
- Assist Executive Director and Executive Committee whenever necessary.
- Track inventory of office supplies and place orders when necessary.
- Candidate should have proven experience as an office administrator, office assistant or relevant role and possess the following:
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal abilities
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- Familiarity with office management procedures and basic accounting principles
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office and office management software (ERP etc.)
- Qualifications in secretarial studies will be an advantage
- High school diploma; BSc/BA in office administration or relevant field is preferred, but not required.
Please send resume to:
Land Trust for Louisiana
PO BOX 1636
Hammond, LA 70404